Friday, November 15, 2013

Books Are Out!

It's been a very exciting AND obviously exhausting week on the home front. My book is finally available on Amazon, B&N and will slowly find its way to bookstores near you. PLEASE! Consider requesting that your bookstore carry A Twist of Lyme: Living With a Disease That "Doesn't Exist". While of course you can order it online, imagine the power the book will have when people stumble across it at your local bookstores. My purpose has always been to raise awareness, so let's get that amazing book cover on shelves EVERYWHERE so LYME CANNOT BE HIDDEN ANY LONGER!

I have spent a good deal of time this week signing books in the morning to those who have ordered off the website. I am still waiting for the delivery of the hard cover books. I can only sign books when I have enough feeling in my right hand, my writing hand, so that can be somewhat limiting. I find myself wiped out after all of these signings and often slump down into a three hour nap afterward. It may not seem like a big deal to sign some books, but to sign them, then package them for shipment is pretty exhausting for a person with Lyme. I will have to pace myself, a hard task, since I find it very exciting.

It took a solid week for me to come off my antibiotics this time and while I am on an antibiotic holiday until December 1, I am actually taking two antibiotics to ease the suffering I tend to endure while on holiday. It's helped a big, but I still Herx and I am very tired.

I am now seeing a new acupuncturist who leaves the needles in your body, with small band aid-type adhesives to keep them in. It has helped tremendously with my spinal pain. I may very well have written about this already, I just don't remember, which is the norm over here.

This morning I decided to just get Christmas and birthday shopping done for my daughter so it's one less thing on my plate. I am thrilled with what I found and I know she will have a couple more things on her wish list for Santa, so I am sure he will pull through too. Nice to have the bulk of it done though.

I haven't written because I haven't much to say. I feel a little emptiness inside my brain, perhaps because with all that I have been working on it's been way beyond capacity for so long and now it's come to a halt. I have a bit of writer's block. I am hoping that will let up as time goes. For now, I live by the hour and so for now, this is all I have to say, but perhaps in an hour or a day or two, I will have something more profound for you to read about. I guess what I really logged on to say is that I am grateful for everyone's amazing support of the book. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea