Sunday, September 21, 2014

Memory Pie

I have been making extra strides to push myself further than I may feel ready; trying to stretch my energy muscles, my mind in to a state of uphill movement, building stamina, perhaps by seconds, but by seconds no less.

Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. This morning, Mini let me sleep an extra 15 minutes and for some reason that made all of the difference in the world and so once I gt myself up I surprised her by telling her we were going to bake an apple pie. Like RIGHT NOW. Because I knew RIGHT NOW was what I could guarantee.

In the past and in my current mind, I am the kind that makes everything from scratch, makes those perfect little cut out leaves to place on top of the pie crust etc, but today it was basic, we're baking a pie. Here's a memory in a pie for you, Mini. A pie.

I peeled and sliced that apples as quickly as I could and pre-measured all of the ingredients and got a big mixing bowl. Mini jumped into the baking pod, a standing box where she can safely get a boost and cook with me on the kitchen island without fear of falling, and then started mixing the dry ingredients, dumped it into the apples and them refused to get her hands yucky to fold the apples into the mix, so I did it and then dumped them into the unapologetically pre-made frozen pie crusts.



The whole thing took my maximum of 20 minutes standing without discomfort. I have been complete putty ever since, but I am proud of myself of getting that Mommy and Mini project done today.

After all:
You are only as happy as your saddest child.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea