Thursday, October 24, 2013

The West Wing Marathon

I'm not sure I've ever done anything ALL DAY. Like really ALL DAY. But today I did. Today I spent the entire day in bed. I am not exaggerating. With the exception of frequent bathroom visits, I have been in bed since last night, maybe even yesterday afternoon. One might think it's been good for me and physically perhaps it has, but mentally, I am going crazy.

Of all of the shows I have ever watched, I have never forgotten how much I love The West Wing. And so I have watched episode after episode of my favorite show of all time and I still have several seasons to go. I haven't really been "with it" the whole time, so maybe I will get to watch it again. That's the nice thing with Lyme. You can read a book or watch a show, love it, and then completely forget all about the details so you get to do it all over again and enjoy. LOL. Nothing like a little Lyme humor.

I am also hooked on Scandal now, which I have caught up on. Interesting how all of these DC shows are sucking me in. I do think it's because I am there so much, but I also lived there for five years and have a good idea of the city and how it ticks and I have to say, should life change and the right DC guy ever come along, I'd move there in a heartbeat. Otherwise, it's a no go - to far from my family.

This week has been one whopper of a treatment, as promised. I mean, if Dr. J hadn't given me that big, comforting hug and a "It's going to be OK, sweetie" at that last appointment, I would start to think the dude hated me. But really, he knows what he is doing and I have to remind myself with every ache, pain, and race to the bathroom (for whatever reason), that this is a battle that took 26 years for the spirochetes to become an army and I am only a year and a half into treatment. I knew my treatment would take longer than most. And I soldier on.

I'm not sure if I mentioned the other day how Mini said, "Mommy, when you take your meds on Monday and start to feel terrible, I will take care of you. I am special. I was made especially for you." Tonight she did, as she does every night, but she came come from school and announced "ASSUME POSITION!" and this is how we ended up for quite some time:

 
She is my reason. 

I am hoping for a break tomorrow, but today I added Diflucan and Flagyl to the cocktail, so that's unlikely. Maybe on Sunday, when I get it out of my system, I can bundle up and sit on the deck or go for a car ride somewhere. OOO that sounds risky. 

So, I will try to stay awake for Scandal and then get some more sleep. I'm sure that won't be a problem. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea