Thursday, March 20, 2014

Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Lyme

Well the robot did its job and took out my lady parts and I have not yet experienced a hot flash or any sign of menopause besides the one day when I went into a stupid jealous fit over, um, nothing, with my Blue Sky. I never get jealous with him. I blame the change in hormones.

I am PISSED that I gained what is now 6 lbs from this surgery. I'm sorry, did you take a ton of stuff OUT or put it in? Grrrr Not happy. It may not sound like a lot to you, but I was lookin' smokin' hot in Punta Cana in January if I don't say myself and that does wonders for a girl's Lyme morale.

And part of the reason I am not happy is a good reason! Television inquiries for news clips, interviews and feature stories have begun to come in and I am excited about that. So if this new bio identical hormone compound would work with me a little maybe I won't look like Humpty Dumpty sat on a Lyme. 

I am back in treatment - the big one for Babesia again. Today will be day 4 of 5 - the days I add the antibiotics Flagyl and Diflucan twice a day. Maybe that will get me back into my skinny jeans. UGH. Today I have a print interview at 11:00a.m. and then a LIVE radio show with callers and everything out of Sonoma this evening! AHHHHH!

Now that I just wrote that, I realized today is Thursday, but my drug box is on Wednesday - I am a day behind on  my meds. WHAT AN IDIOT. Oh well, short holiday I guess. YAY for Sunday!

The good news is that I am not (yet) barfing up the few of the major organs I have left, but I am still quite symptomatic. I have a lot of joint pain around, unusually so in my knuckles, wrists and elbows. I have list control of my knees a couple of times and have fallen down the stairs, but this is common practice for me during a Babesia treatment. That's just how we roll (pun intended).

Just got the call that there is another FREAKIN' TWO HOUR SNOW DELAY. I want to be the mommy that thinks this is fun and magical, but I have a few more years to be that mommy before she is a teenager who hates me. Right now the thought of snow play, well, it just doesn't exist. 

I honestly spend most of my time planning our magical trip on the Disney Cruise. Lord knows how I will make it, but I have a driver taking us to and from the airport and then we will stay at the airport in Orlando for one night so I don't have to stress. Then we will go downstairs one floor to the Magical whatever bus, and let me tell you, once this process begins - WE WILL BE DONNING OUR GAY APPAREL. 

You heard me, this mom is sparing no expense to be the coolest mom of a 5 year old on a ship. She doesn't know it yet, but I am going to dress up WITH her like Minnie Mouse on the day we board the ship - HUGE BOW IN THE HAIR AND ALL. I'm going for it. And since my birthday is on the ship and it happens to be on semi-formal night, this Lyme-o-rific mama will be in a LBD with a silver glittery (and I HATE glitter) mouse ears with a silver tiara between the years. All of this after wearing a t-shirt that day that says around a life preserver:  Birthday Girl (on top)  Mickey holding a 39 (in the middle) and MOMMY (underneath).  

This trip means everything to me. It's something she will always remember that WE did together. We always do everything with my parents right now. We need Mommy and me time. My friend Gayle is coming along and occupying the top bunk. I'd take it, but holy mother of God if I had to get down that ladder in the middle of the night on all my meds. BAHAHAHA - That'd be the end of me.  So Gayle will be fun to have along, but this is really about Mini and how amazing she always is. 

So I scrutinize the website and our passports and our cruise documentation daily. Then I got my hands on some Navigator Programs - Schedules for Each Day. Whoa. There is so much to do! I think we will need another week! But I have to remember that this is about RELAXING TOO and the reason I chose DCL is that they have a fabulous kids' club where they never want to leave so I may actually be able to get some rest. 

But before then, I have so much going on - not sure how I will do it all. Endless interviews (thank you, Lord, keep 'em comin'), a 5 day conference (bonus - Blue Sky is staying with me!!!!), trip back to see Dr. Jemsek - return on a Wednesday from that only to leave at 7a.m. on Friday to get to the airport to go to the cruise. Holy man. And when I come back I will be 39. That's almost halfway to 80.

So, I am going to have ix-nay the caloray intake for the next couple of weeks so I'll be more like Snow Lyme than Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Lyme. 

2 comments :

  1. LOL DOUBLE Lyme-moment! Turns out it's Thursday after all! I am taking the right meds on the right day! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this amazing article! It has lengthy been incredibly useful. I wish that you will proceed providing your knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea