Saturday, March 29, 2014

Houston, We Have a Hot Flash

It's been several days since I wrote a REAL post. It doesn't count when I cop out and post Dr Jemsek's video, I know. But I just haven't been feeling well. I some ways I have been feeling great. I was trying to explain to my dad today how I have been d=feeling but it's really difficult because, well, I am just exhausted.

I do think that both Dr J and Dr Clark Were correct in their assessment that the hysterectomy would be my ticket to moving forward. It's now been a month since the surgery. I have been driving a little bit, which is a huge deal and I have been out of the house a few times and while it has FLOORED me when I get home... I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE HOUSE. Big deal for me, seriously.

But I have also had some very dark moments. I had hoped that the pain in my thighs would have been radiated from the issues with my uterus, but unfortunately, they seem to be a symptom of my Babesia infection. And they still hurt. And so I continue to take pain meds for them. Ad one day they were killing me so i took two, which I almost never do, but I was also detoxing from the anesthesia and became completely delusional. Thankfully, my assistant/friend was here and was watching, sitting with me and Mini was at school so all was well. My parents have been here every night since surgery to go through the Mini routine and I have been in bed until I go and lay with Mini for a few songs and we talk about her day and snuggle and then I leave. There was ONE NIGHT when I was able to do the whole thing - play on my bed and do a craft, make and feed her dinner, and put her to bed. That was such a huge accomplishment for me, but since them I have been unable to do it again. i am J.U.S.T.  S.O.  E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D.

That said, my mind is completely clear for the first time in years. I relate this to my hysterectomy and it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted. I can actually think and feel and reason like a real person. Granted, We are still trying to find the right bio identical hormone balance for me so there has been an episode or two when I act out, pretty much only with my blue sky, and thankfully he has been warned and is very patient. I am lucky to have hi in my life.

As I have mentioned, despite the fact that I do not have the MTHFR gene mutation, I still cannot detox as I should. So I have been using, at both doctors recommendations, a detox shake I know is working because when I drink it I get splitting headaches and have to go to bed. I am in bed anyway, so who cares? But it's nice to know there is something I can take.

I have just finished my week of Omnicef and Cipro so hopefully the barf-fest will end today. Next week I just have 3 days of antibiotics and then I get a nice break with a bridge week (light antibiotics beyond the minocycline toward of the buggers while I await my appointment) before I go to see Dr J toward the end of April.

Dr J added another anti-seizure med last visit and it has thankfully ended my sneezing seizures that I had every time I ate ANYTHING. I would sneeze 30-40 times after a meal. It was torture and embarrassing. Thankfully, that is done. So now I am on three seizure meds and remember, at the beginning of all of this, I had no idea I was even having seizures. Crazy Lyme.

April is going to be crazy. I have too much on my calendar and I am stressed. But I will get through it. I just have to schedule naps and create boundaries.

But what you REALLY want to hear about is the title. GUUUUUUUUURL let me tell you, while I am cold during the day, 7 pm comes around after I take my evening compound and holy mother of God - the sweat that comes fro the bone. I don't even want to SEE the comforter on my bed. I kick EVERYTHING off. I lay there and dramatically groan. HOUSTON - WE HAVE A HOT FLASH. Whew. They suck. But, they have lessened as my body adjusts to the new hormones I am taking. After one more month we will do a blood test and see how on or off we are in terms of the dosage. Good times. In the meantime, I spend my days bundled up with the electric blanket on high below the comforter in full pajamas and evenings with the bed ripped to pieces, and me just laying there a tank top sprawled out like Bridget Jones in a tragic position with my hand on my forehead hyperventilating.

Yes, my brain is back. I get to have a little humorous drama - even if by myself. That is progress.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea