Friday, March 21, 2014

When YOUR Idol Says YOU Inspire HER - It's a Life Moment

I woke up again at the trusty hour of 4:13a.m. and as usual, tried to get back to sleep to no avail. And so I started to go through my various social media outlets. When I finally got to my Twist email account, I stared at it endlessly. 

If you have followed my blogs for a while you will know that I absolutely love this artist and it was her song "Unfold" that gave birth to Twist. I have told this story so many times, but after my first appointment with Dr. Jemsek, I sat on my hotel room bed with so much to think about that I really didn't know what to make of it all. It was as if the world had stopped around me. 

But my iPod played on shuffle at after a couple of hours, one of my favorite songs, Unfold, came on and even though I had always known the lyrics, I felt a heart tug that was undeniable. The lyrics were speaking to me. ABOUT me. And that is when  knew I needed to write Twist. 







And so at 4:13a.m. I stared at my inbox. 

There is was. The incredible. I couldn't believe it. 

An email from MariƩ Digby:
March 21, 2014
"Hello Andrea!

It was very moving for me to hear your story and how brave you have been through it all! It takes a lot of courage to openly speak about something which so many people don't quite understand and sometimes still see as controversial. 
Your story encourages me to also keep singing about things which scare me! That's exactly how I felt when I wrote 'Unfold'. I thought to myself.. 'I'm never going to let anyone hear this. This is just for me'. But the day I chose to perform that song for another person is when it took on a completely new life. I'm sure you felt something similar after having finished your book!


Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and tell you that I am routing for you  I hope we have a chance to meet in Boston someday! Lots of love to you xoxo

MariƩ Digby"
I am in awe of this gracious, beautiful, hard-working artist. Please listen to "Unfold", hear the lyrics, and know that she is speaking my truth and that song helped me break through a lot of barriers. 
This is yet another sign that I am on my correct life's journey path. This email has given me the strength I will need for the upcoming media wave in April when TV starts, when I have a conference, and when we go on a Disney Cruise! That cruise better involve some quiet and sun and not Donald Duck shaking his booty and blocking my sun. 
What a way to wake up. I feel terrible and yet, this will get me through the morning Mini routine and then I can crash and keep looking at that email to brighten my day and receive the energy from it. 
Marie, if you read this blog, thank you. With all of my heart. 
Andrea 

2 comments :

  1. Andrea, I'm sure it brought tears to your eyes when you saw that. It was almost meant to be that you were up at that time. When I get up, I stay put. I heard a lot of mentors that I like say they do their best work when they can't sleep and they get up in the middle of the night. Anyhow, bravo for you. This reminds me of a badge I found while walking my 2 dogs. I was in so much pain that day ..so much....but it makes their day and while I was walking them I found a badge/ornament. It was around Christmas and must have fallen off a tree. It said, "Never give up, this may be your moment for a Miracle". I still have it. Anyhow, things like this don't just happen, they definitely happen for a reason. You have a special talent and I truly believe your going to be the start of some major changes with Lyme. :) - Molly Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now YOU'RE making me cry! Thank you so much. I feel so lucky to receive such wonderful support from the Lyme community. I am doing all I can to gracefully position myself with the right people so we can start to get some real change rolling.

    ReplyDelete

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea