Monday, September 9, 2013

Back to Reality

It was just two nights away, but two nights that counted. There is something about that cabin that relaxes me. It been a haven for me since I was a child. It belongs to the son of my father's late mentor, so we have been going there forever. We came back energized and rested. I am also in hot pursuit of the mattress that was on the bed I slept in. Holy moly. I am all over that.

My new assistant, Julie, starts today. Thankfully, I do not have any pain yet this morning, so we are going to hit my walk-in closet and see what we can donate or organize. It needs to be done, along with my daughter's playroom (next since she is getting a dollhouse my dad built as soon as there is room), and then the basement. Not sure how I feel about that one. This is New England. I am sure we have had some roommates.

I could crash at any moment, but it is what it is. On Thursday I am off to RI for an Executive Conference for work. Some people don't understand how I can do this if I am so sick, but I have to do it for my career. It's what pays the bills. Sometimes I check out mentally, but showing up is half the battle and I always pass out cold at night. I only have one presentation to do this time, which helps me immensely, although I am always happy to share my knowledge and experience with the group.

Finances are TIGHT. Ugh. These medical bills and not being able to work the way I am used to, 95% from my bed, have finally taken their toll. I managed to soldier my way through for two years form my bed, but now I see during the last two months that it's caught up with me and I am in a little it of panic mode. I need to get out there and do a few one hour presentations each month on my non-treatment weeks or I don't know what will happen. I did much better with the IV, as you know, and these oral meds are kicking my butt.

No matter what I do, I need to sleep from 2-4. It is what makes me function. I sleep so hard during those naps and I look forward to them. My eyesight is decent right now with glasses, so last night I started a new book, Proof of Heaven, by Eben Alexander, M.D. he is a neurosurgeon who has lived his life scientifically, who died and came back to life, remembering what he saw when he was dead. I am looking forward to getting into that part.

I am still not driving, but having Julie gives me more freedom to get out of the house and she is more flexible with her hours, so I am happy about that. On days i have energy, even just going into town feels like a bit of freedom.

In any case, I am thankful for a good start to the day for once and hope it will continue for a few hours. Thanks for joining my continued journey. Please do comment on the blog so we can create some buzz for the book release. The more visitors and comments, the more media will care and share my experience with Lyme, shining some light on the disease and supporting others with Lyme and their loved ones. Thanks again for your support. It feels good to be blogging again.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea