Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Full Moon

It's a full moon and I am back in treatment. My two weeks off were pretty good I would say, with the exception of some excruciating joint pain and thigh pain. But now it's back to the grind and I am wiped out. But the full moon keeps me awake despite my 10 pill sleeping cocktail and here I sit awake, not able to sit up or do anything, but awake.

I haven't blogged in a while and the reason is... I forgot I had a blog. My short term memory is kaput and the only reason I remembered I have a blog is that someone asked to join my book group on Facebook.

It's been an eventful couple of weeks. We made it to Maine for 2 nights with the help of my parents. I laid down on the couch for the most part and have never slept in a more comfortable bed. It was hard for me to get out of it. There were lots of naps and lots of going to bed early. My parents were with us and Dad was a great camp counselor for Mini and took care of occupying her all day. I was able to play a couple of hands of Old Maid and even went fishing once. I caught nothing. Oh well.

Tomorrow I have gentle and restorative yoga. I am looking forward to it, but at the same time, I am afraid to go knowing the state I will be in. It should be a challenge. I may take my new assistant with me in case I need to leave early, but they are very good at this yoga place and intuitively know when a member needs something, so it should be ok. I hope I make it. It does seem to help open up my vertebrae and we know the Lyme is in my spinal fluid, so this is an important discipline I must follow.

I don't have much to report, other than I feel like crap and need help with everything. I can barely move. I did get to see my blue sky on Sunday and that brightened my week. I hope to see more of my skies soon, but the situation is complicated and I really cannot handle complicated right now. It's a tough puzzle, but one day all of the pieces will come together into one big blue sky. I look forward to that.

I hope all of you are feeling ok. I know I have many readers with Lyme and I want you to know that I am thinking of you. Get some rest. Hang in there. Trust your instincts. Just be.

3 comments :

  1. You are a brave strong woman who amazes me with all that you do in the midst of dealing with this crippling disease. You are to be admired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, i would never had known about the depth of Lyme if it wasn't for you. Its new to me and the fact that you are amazing with it is just incredible, inspiring and humbling. Thanks for sharin a bit of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very informational!! You are a strong woman and you have such a great support group and amazing parents who have helped you with the everyday trials as you have dealt with such a crippling disease. My wish for you is that you get better and can live a precious life!!

    ReplyDelete

Please hit the submit button only once. Your comment will be submitted for moderation and posted within 24 hours. Thank you!

~Andrea